Between the never-ending candy supply and the various costume options, it’s hard to not get into the Halloween spirit.
Whether you’re going for a scary or festive look, these themed decoration ideas will ensure that the outside of your home is ready for the trick-or-treaters who come a-knockin!
Creepy crawlers and all, these decoration ideas will take your exterior from not-so-scary to frighteningly fun for all involved!
- If you have a natural twig wreath on hand, add felt bats for a spooky entrance.
- Play into everyone’s fear of spiders, and stretch cotton batting to create a cobweb on your shrubs, and place plastic spiders throughout. If you don’t have shrubs, attach furry spiders to your home’s facade.
- Prop a skeleton on the front porch to greet your guests with a scare.
- Fly into fright with DIY hanging ghosts. Made out of balloons and gauze fabric, these scary decorations can be hung from trees or light fixtures. Simply drape fabric over a balloon, and attach to a hanging location with its string.
If scary isn’t your thing, you can never go wrong with the basics. From scarecrows to pumpkins, these ideas will give your visitors the ultimate autumn experience.
- Make a scarecrow a new member of the family by placing one in either your front garden or on your lawn.
- Design a seasonal display on your front porch that includes hay bales, mums, and corn stalks.
- Work with what Mother Nature gives you and incorporate pinecones and colorful leaves into a natural twig wreath.
- Get to carving, and line your walkway with bright jack-o’-lanterns.