A quick view of the most influential metrics in Winter Garden.
Learn more about Winter Garden
Winter Garden is known for its old Florida style and small-town charm, Winter Garden is just west of downtown Orlando and its theme parks. It’s nestled alongside the beautiful Lake Apopka and embodies a wealth of historical and natural assets. With its brick lined streets and beautiful architecture, this charming little city is where “good things grow,” and there is never a shortage of things to do and see.
Winter Garden Culture
Winter Garden is the cultural capital of West Orange County. You can enjoy a live play, concert, or movie at the Garden Theatre, a repurposed vintage movie theatre with a Mediterranean Revival-style vibe.
If museums are more your thing, visit the Central Florida Railroad Museum of Winter Garden, housed in the old Gulf Rail Company building, or the Winter Garden Heritage Museum, where you’ll leave knowing much more about this unique city.
Or maybe catch some live music throughout downtown on the weekends at various spots or some visual arts at the local SoBo Art Gallery.
Whatever your cultural curiosity, Winter Garden has you covered!
Take in a Breath of Fresh Air in Winter Garden
There is so much for the outdoor enthusiasts to do here in Winter Garden.
- Spend the day on the water at Lake Apopka. It’s third largest lake in Florida and a great place to swim, boat, fish, canoe, or kayak.
- You can also take a walk on the West Orange Trail: 22 miles of paved trail for walking, running, hiking, biking, in-line skating, and skateboarding.
- Horseback riders can enjoy a parallel 10-mile equestrian path. It’s even part of the 250-mile Coast-to-Coast Connector Trail across Central Florida.
Or check out one of the numerous parks and playgrounds. From swings, slides, and jungle gyms for the little kids to basketball, skateboarding, and tennis for the older kids, you’re sure to find something to keep all the kids happy and active. Lace-up those sneakers, dust off that fishing pole, air up those bike tires, and get ready to get outdoors!
Winter Garden’s Flavors
Plant Street Market is THE place to be in Winter Garden for sampling local favorite bites. From ceviche, to BBQ, to specialty mac and cheese, to donuts, to handmade popsicles, to juice bars, you’ll have a wealth of delicious options!
The Crooked Can Brewing Company, a landmark spot within the Market, offers excellent food as well as a variety of beer in a family-friendly and pet-friendly atmosphere. You can take a brewery tour if you’re interested in learning more about the process. Just down the street, downtown Winter Garden is also home to a plethora of options to delight your taste buds.
Local Shops and Boutiques
Winter Garden Village is an open-air shopping center with over 80 retailers and restaurants. Home to your favorite shops in a beautifully styled village with historic plaques, this is your one-stop shop to getting all your running around done.
Here are three must-see shopping destinations in Winter Garden:
- The award-winning Winter Garden Farmers Market every Saturday from 9am-2pm is where you can find everything from eateries, plant and flower stands, local produce vendors, and even dog bandana shops. You can even bring the furry friends and catch some live music.
- Head over to the stalls at Plant Street Market to pick up some jams, jellies, and teas at AntiquiTeas, essential oils, supplements, and homecare products at DoTerra Essential Oils, or some honey, gifts, and favors at Wild Florida Honey. You can even stop at the O2 Breathe Oxygen Bar to take in one of its many flavors of oxygen.
- Historic downtown Winter Garden won’t disappoint in this department either. With its charming one-off shops and boutiques, you are sure to find that unique gift or souvenir you’ve been looking for.
Eclectic Entertainment and Events in Winter Garden
If you like to get out and enjoy the nightlife then Winter Garden is the place to be. “Fridays on the Plaza” offers live music every Friday night on the plaza in Winter Garden. Go back in time and check out some antique cars at the “Crus N Car Show” held quarterly. There is no shortage of events to partake in Winter Garden:
- “Evening at the Pops” hosted by the Rotary Club, where you can sit under the stars and enjoy the symphony
- “Spring Fever in the Garden”, one of Florida’s best plant, flower, and garden festival hosted by the Grow Garden Society and the city of Winter Garden
- Welcome the season with “Light up Winter Garden” in December
- “Winter Garden Blues & BBQ,” where the hottest Blues and Roots music meets award-winning local BBQ for an afternoon celebration
Properties in Winter Garden
View our selection of available properties in the Winter Garden.
Inside Winter Garden
Check out the latest demographic information available for Winter Garden.
VS National AVG
VS National AVG
VS National AVG
VS NAtional AVG
VS National AVG
Winter Garden Schools
Learn more about schools near Winter Garden complete with ratings and contact information.
The Best in Winter Garden
Browse through the top rated businesses in the most popular categories Winter Garden has to offer.